Why Do I Need a Serum?
When I was first introduced to Arbonne’s RE9 Advanced skincare range I was going to skip on getting the serum, after all it’s not a cleanser, toner or moisturizer and that’s all you really need isn’t it? NO I was told – you need the serum as it’s the magic sauce for great skincare!
It turns out that the serum is a vital step in any skincare regime because it feeds the skin while also hydrating it and preparing it to take the most out of the day/night cream you are going to apply on top.
Serums load your skin with antioxidants which are vital for fighting free radicals. If you’re not sure what free radicals are they are what causes your skin to age and are due to stress, pollution and even exercise.
How to Decide Which Serum is Best?
You need to check out the key ingredients and make sure that they are ones that nourish your skin with lots of goodness as well as hydrating it. Some of the key ingredients you want to look for are –
- Peptides – these support collagen production
- Stabilized Vitamin C – this helps to stimulate collagen production
- Algae Extract – a potent antioxidant that helps combat fine lines on the skin’s outer surface.
Why do two of the ingredients help with collagen? What’s the big deal anyway!
Well collagen is basically what keeps your skin youthful, but unfortunately we lose it as we age. In fact we lose 1% of our collagen every year from our mid 20s. Of course we can help to prevent it by using a serum like this and also by eating well.
Key Ingredients in Intensive Renewal Serum
RE9 Advanced Intensive Renewal Serum has the above three key ingredients along with more things that help your skin health, let’s have a look at them –
- Sustainable orange stem cells – helps to improve the appearance of skin radiance, elasticity, firmness & texture while minimizing the appearance of wrinkles
- Stabilized vitamin C – helps to boost and maintain moisture while stimulating collagen production
- Brown algae extract – helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by moisturizing the skin’s outer layer
- Sea buckthorn ceramide – replenishes the skin’s moisture
- Peptides – enhance the appearance of skin’s smoothness, support collagen production as well as improve the appearance of skin tone, firmness & suppleness
- Niacinamide – helps to support the skin’s moisture barrier with hydration to enhance the appearance of brightness and even tone
- Beech tree bud extract – smooths the look of skin texture with hydration
- Marine lavender extract – moisturizes to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles
One thought on “Why Do I Need a Serum?”
Pingback: My Morning Skincare Routine – Louanne's Nation
Comments are closed.